Why do we need a standard implementation methodology for Enterprise Resource Planning implementation projects?
Consultancy companies could apply its own implementation methodology which gained from previous projects, and there is no problem with that as long as company achieve its objectives and satisfy its customers, and the company keeps improving its own methodology and build on it by experience
On the other hand there is an implementation methodology built up by experienced organization where information and data are gathered from experienced companies that helps to get best practices from previous projects, that experience across different companies specialized in different domain. It is Microsoft.
Enjoy this video Click Here
Microsoft brings to market Microsoft Dynamics Sure Step in 2007 and recently released 2010 version
It’s more than implementation methodology for Microsoft Dynamics ERPs, MS Dynamics Sure Step it is customer engagement tool, so Why MS Dynamics Sure Step?
- MS Dynamics Sure Step 2010 it is not covering only the implementation phases (Analysis, Design, Development, Deployment, and Operation) it’s take into consideration the sales and pre-sales activities in the Diagnostic phase.
- MS Dynamics Sure Step 2010 is aligned with Microsoft methodologies, Microsoft Delivery Methodology (SDM), Microsoft Solution Selling Sales (MSSP), and Microsoft Solution Framework (MSF). That gives MS Dynamics Sure Step variety of guidance build on Microsoft methodologies
- MS Dynamics Sure Step is designed especially for MS Dynamics products (AX, NAV, SL, GP and CRM)
- Microsoft Dynamics Sure Step 2010 is complied with Project Management Institute PMI methodology (Scope Management, Time Management, Cost Management, Resource Management, Risk Management, Quality Management, Procurement Management)
- Contains huge templates and documentations according to phase activity, and showing the integration between phases and activities
- Implementation project types customization (Enterprise, Standard, Rapid, Agile, and Upgrade)